For Absentee math work, please click here.
For optional Math Test Correction Procedure, please click here.
To contact the 8th Grade Homeroom/Religion Teacher, and Middle School Social Studies Teacher, please email email@example.com
- When your child is absent, they must bring in an absent note on the day they return to school.
- GIRLS GRADES 5-8 Blackwatch uniform skirt ( knee length) | White uniform cotton blouse or white uniform golf shirt with school insignia | Navy v-neck uniform sweater, fleece or vest with school insignia (optional) | Navy blue uniform knee socks or tights | Totally black sneakers. No colored stripes or soles. Or black rubber-soled shoes | Navy uniform slacks (optional) – December to March only
- BOYS: PreK –8 Navy blue uniform slacks |White uniform golf shirt with school insignia- long or short sleeve | Navy v-neck sweater, fleece or vest with school insignia (optional) | Navy socks | Totally black sneakers. No colored stripes or soles. Or black rubber-soled shoes
SOCIAL STUDIES WITH MRS. KEENAN
6th Grade: McGraw Hill-Discovering Our Past-A History of the World
7th & 8th Grades: McGraw Hill-Discovering Our Past-A History of the United States
- vocabulary activities, lesson review, guided questions
- visual skills, reading skills, writing skills, critical thinking skills, tech. skills
- McGraw Hill Connect – assessing background knowledge, engaging/teaching/assessing with differentiated instruction, reflection/review
- Literacy & Social Studies – nonfiction, primary sources, reading comprehension
- “Do Now” – A History Fact a Day for Editing (6th) / American History Class Openers (7th, 8th)
- Challenge Read
- DBQ’s – Document Based Questions
- PBL’s – Project Based Learning / Hands-On Chapter Project
- Smart Songs / Field Trip Zoom
- handwriting, current events, map skills, speech/oratorical, debate, research
Students are expected to follow guidelines in reference to lunch/recess, uniforms, and other school policies. Please visit this website regularly for information about school policies, events, and student activities.
Attendance and assessment scores/grades will be updated weekly on Option C. The school-wide grading system is as follows: tests/quizzes 55%, classwork 25%, homework 10%, projects 10%.
Optimal learning occurs when your child is in school and on time. If a student is absent or not present for class, it is expected that he/she will complete any missed classwork and/or homework. Homework and classwork will be updated weekly on this website.
Students should make sure to restock their school supplies when necessary. The Social Studies textbook should be covered with a stretchable book cover. A three-subject notebook is needed.
8th – Please check the green correspondence folders regularly.
RELIGION WITH MRS. KEENAN
8th – Sadlier – We Live Our Faith as Disciples of Jesus
- Sadlier Connect – interactive lessons – word search, multiple choice, etc.
- weekly class masses & first Friday school liturgies
- PBL’s – Project Based Learning – What Every Catholic Should Know / Dream Books
- novels – The Shack, The Invisible Thread, Angels on Earth, etc.
Religion workbooks should be covered in contact paper.