DISNEY’S HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL, JR.
Welcome back Students and Parents to the new school year!
This year the St. Patrick’s Theater Club will present Disney’s High School Musical, Jr. Our artistic team is very excited to get started working on this production which incorporates Basketball, Cheer, Gymnastics, Singing, Dancing and Dialogue! This show is designed for all students. If you like sports, science, math, dance, gymnastics, singing, bookworms, etc. – WE’VE GOT IT!
Don’t miss the opportunity to show off your hidden talents. We have numerous speaking, singing, dancing and sports roles to fill. This production will allow each cast and crew member to create a fun and interesting time whether you are stage crew, ensemble, or have a principal role.
Every character in High School Musical gradually integrates with their parallel characters and ultimately realize “We Are All In This Together”. Since you are already students, you’re halfway there! Any role can be challenging but we are confident you will come away with an uplifted feeling of pride, camaraderie, support, and friendship.
Prior to the Workshop, we will invite students to come along to an Interest Meeting on Thursday, September 16, 3:00-4:15.
A PARENT VOLUNTEER INTEREST MEETING is also set for Tuesday, October 5 @ 5:30 pm immediately following rehearsal.
The workshop will run as follows —
- first, we get comfortable with each other and learning stage direction
- theater games, stage knowledge, singing, movement, dancing, and role playing. We may even toss a basketball around for a bit.
- The sessions will grow so that by the 3rd day, you will be ready to journey through the halls of East High School with confidence and ease. You will not only learn about the show, but also the ins and outs of mounting a production.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY.
WORKSHOP AND REHEARSAL GUIDELINES:
- Please wear comfortable clothing.
- Always be prepared—you will be asked to Read, Sing and Dance during the course of the workshop and early rehearsal days. This format allows the creative team to get better acquainted with you and your commitment to High School Musical, Jr.
- Soft shoes such as jazz or ballet shoes are excellent for this type of work. Gym sneakers would also be appropriate. Please no UGGS or BIG SNEAKERS.
- Be confident! Don’t let the word DANCING scare you. It’s really just staged movement! If you can handle a basketball – you’ve conquered the hardest part.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or ask Miss Dawn.
Thank you for your cooperation and participation. We are looking forward to a fun filled, exciting and uplifting experience.
Mrs. Denise Higgins-Regan, Artistic Director
Ms. Dawn Barry-Hansen, Co-Director
Mr. Brendan Moloney, Production Manager
CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR AUDITION SHEET
CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR WORKSHOP AND REHEARSAL SCHEDULE: