St. Patrick Catholic Academy believes that children learn best when the intellectual and the spiritual are engaged. Our curriculum is built around the development of the intellectual and social needs of children. It is designed to foster critical thinking and informed decision-making, sharpen research skills and engender collaboration.
Our classrooms are abuzz with students working collaboratively on projects or solving problems. Social studies, science and math are hands-on and challenging. Language arts foster a love of reading and writing, the cornerstones of learning. Creative expression is explored through singing and visual and performing arts. Technology is integrated throughout. Leadership and community service are encouraged.
New initiatives in 2017-2018
– Choice of Spanish, Italian, Latin or Arabic as world language using Rosetta Stone
– A Community Service program in Grades 6-8.
– Introduction of an iPad/tablet program
– Regents course offering: Algebra, Living Environment and Earth Science.
– Stages on the Sound arts residency program: Grade 4: Filmmaking; Grade 6-Playwriting; Grade 8-Shakespeare.
NYS 2015-2016 Test Scores:
English Language Arts L3 + L4 – Grade 4: 61% Grade 6: 71% Grade 8: 30%
Mathematics L3 + L4 – Grade 4: 57% Grade 6: 54% Grade 8: 80%